There is something special about making a hot, homemade breakfast for my family, it has always been a sweet time for us in the morning. Little did I know that breakfast foods would be the most loved food group for my kids. Therefore, breakfast has become an any-time-of-day meal at our house. Morning, noon, or night, you will find me whisking up some yummy breakfast dishes in the kitchen.
These pancakes are a healthier choice than a typical pancake and yet you would never know it because the taste has not been compromised. In fact, my kids now request them on a regular basis over my Buttermilk Pancakes. A crisp golden edge and moist flavorful center, these pancakes are a delightful way to start – or end your day.
Protein Packed Pancakes
Prep time: 10 minutes / Makes: 12-14 pancakes / Serving size: 3 pancakes
1 cup cottage cheese, low fat or non-fat
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons canola oil
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat non-stick griddle or skillet to medium
- In a large mixing bowl beat eggs, cottage cheese, sugar, and pure vanilla extract together.
- Add in all-purpose flour and baking powder, whisk until combined.
- Whisk in canola oil one teaspoon at a time.
- Use a 1/3-cup size measuring cup to scoop the batter and pour onto cooking surface. Allow pancakes to cook until batter is raised, fluffy and bubbling. Carefully flip pancake and allow other side to cook until golden.
- Serve immediately with butter and maple syrup or freeze for later use.
Total Fat 13.2 g
Sodium 284 mg
Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
Cholesterol 167 mg
Protein 12.8 g