Cauliflower seems to be one of those vegetables that people typically avoid because they don’t know what to do with it; or they have never been a fan of it because the time they’ve tried it in the past, it was – “blah”. This is usually due to the fact that many people don’t know how to cook and season cauliflower. Yet, this unsuspecting vegetable is quite versatile and makes for a tasty low carb alternative. Raw, roasted, riced, mashed, fried, steamed, or even made into pizza crust, cauliflower is enjoyed in many ways. Roasting cauliflower is super easy and brings out great flavor, this simple Roasted Cauliflower recipe goes great with my Sweet and Savory Couscous.
Cut, mince, drizzle, sprinkle, toss, sprinkle again, bake.
Set aside, chop, sprinkle, scoop, plate.
Prep time: 15 minutes / Cook time: 20 minutes / Serves: 4-5
1 large head cauliflower
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons paprika
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1 teaspoon salt
pepper to taste
1/4 cup pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Line a 9×13 baking sheet with non-stick foil and set aside.
- Wash head of cauliflower, pat dry.
- On a secure cutting board, rough chop each branch from cauliflower head (I usually slice them in half).
- In a medium size bowl, add cauliflower, olive oil, minced garlic, coat evenly.
- Place cauliflower on the lined baking sheet, sprinkle with paprika, salt and pepper.
- Place into preheated oven until tender and golden.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley and serve immediately.
If you choose to add pine nuts, sprinkle them over the cauliflower about 10 minutes into roasting.
Quick, simple, healthy, and flavorful.