Looking for a scrumptious everyday-kind-of-cookie? Look no further than these chunky Cowgirl Cookies loaded with a perfect combination of ingredients. For many years I have been making these cookies and they are still one of my all-time favorites. Soft and buttery with a nutty crunch, loaded with chocolate chunks, dried cranberries, and hints of sugary vanilla goodness; these cookies are mouthwatering good.
There are many factors that make up a good cookie in my mind and one of them is how well it holds up. I prefer a thick and chunky cookie that won’t flatten out when baked, and these have always turned out just right … with the exception of the time I forgot to set the timer and got distracted with my kids. That batch of cookies turned out to be a bunch of hockey pucks! Thankfully, I smelled them burning before they set on fire.
Prep time: 15 minutes / Bake time: 22 minutes / Makes: 28-30 cookies
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup granulated white sugar
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup oats
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 1/3 cup chocolate chunks
2/3 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a standing mixer with a whisk attachment, beat butter until smooth.
- Add white and brown sugar and beat on high until combined.
- Crack egg in a separate small dish, beat slightly, add vanilla extract and combine on medium speed.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt; whisk to combine.
- Set the mixer on low and add flour mixture a little at a time until batter is smooth.
- Remove mixing bowl from standing mixer, use a wooden spoon to mix in oats, dried cranberries
chocolate, and pecans.
- Using a 1″ spring-loaded scoop, place dough onto the parchment lined baking sheets and bake for 22 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from oven and set on a cooling rack before storing in an airtight container.
When storing your cookies, add a slice of bread to the container to keep them soft.
Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family and I do! Happy baking.